Our Latest Project
Remembering, Honoring, and Paying Tribute to the Fallen of War 1812
The historical Peace Monument and Garden located in historic Downtown Monroe were dedicated on August 19, 2017
The Peace Garden
Our forefathers paved the way to our independence as a result of the Battle of the River Raisin during the War of 1812. The Peace Garden is located north of the Monroe County History Society's office at 22 West Second Street in Monroe, Michigan
The Peace Monument
This beautiful monument commemorates the 200 years of peace enjoyed between the United States, Great Britain and Canada. The garden enhances the bronze sculpture and mirrors the peace sculpture in Monroe's sister city in Amherstberg, Ontario
A Bond of Unity
This beautiful monument will commemorate the 200 years of peace enjoyed between the United States, Great Britain and Canada
The bronze sculpture on the base commemorates the peace among our nations. The base of the monument is constructed of black granite that tells the story of the sacrifice and bravery of our ancestors
We are grateful to our generous sponsors who made this Peace Monument Garden possible
Memorial to fallen soldiers who died defending Monroe.
Barn beam drilling tool. Photo courtesy of David Eby.
New paving at the Johnson-Phinney Building. Photo courtesy of Bill Saul.
Log shaping project at the Eby Cabin. Photo courtesy of Dave Eby.
Eby Cabin, finished product after a year-long rehabilitation, Monroe County Fair 2021. Photo courtesy of David Eby.