top of page
Created in October of 2012, the MCHS logo embodies many important aspects of our state and local history. The map of Michigan rests on a field of blue to resemble the waters of the Great Lakes. Standing front and center is the Frenchtown 1812 soldier, depicted as he would have appeared during the Battle of 1812. The Fleur de Lis denotes the spot where Frenchtown was established, while the Monroe County Historical Society appears in gold with the year 1938, when the Society was formed. Finally, the logo's red bands are a tribute to the fact that our historical town was fought for and won with the shedding of blood.
bottom of page