St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Monroe, MI
St. Paul's Lutheran Church was the first Lutheran Church established in Monroe County. It was founded in 1828. It was first known as Zoar Lutheran. Trinity Lutheran, Monroe, Zion Lutheran, Monroe, Holy Ghost Lutheran, Raisinville Township, and Immanuel Lutheran in Ida were all "daughters" of Zoar Lutheran Church. Today St. Paul's and Zion are members of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod. Trinity is member of the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod, and Immanuel is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America.
All photographs contained on this page are courtesy of Mike Huggins.